English 301 - Advance
This study program is to provide learners with comprehensive knowledge about information technology in terms of computer, operating system, hardware, software, data transmission, computer network, multi-media, network safety and data rity. In addition, this course aims at enhancing ners’ English communication ability in technical contexts and offering learners opportunities to develop translation and interpretation skills which are of neccessity for their future career.
Basic knowledge about language terms relevant to information technology in terms of computer, operating system, hard ware, soft ware, data transmission, computer network, multi-media, network safety and data security.
Group and individual presentation skills on topics related to information technology and communication
skills. Knowing how to compose responses to different categories of subject.
- Discuss and assign tasks in groups to present topics related to IT
- Develop communicative skills (oral and written) via learning activities
- Learners majoring in IT with needs to advance their technical English skills in order to comprehend and interprete related materials
- Developers working in the technology sectors with needs to converse fluently with foreign partners, work in multinational companies and facilitate career advancement
- Non-IT majored individuals demands to have additional understanding about technical English or intending to shift their expertise to technology field
- International curriculum
- Provides practical skills
- Improve communication skills
- Broaden understanding about technical terms
- Have comprehensive ability in using profession’s materials in English
- Demonstration of acquired skills
- Demonstration of ability to work collaboratively